The 2016 IBEX Innovation Awards have been announced at the International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition & Conference, one of the boating industry’s largest technical trade events, organised by Professional BoatBuilder magazine and the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA).
These prestigious awards honour outstanding product developments in 13 areas of the recreational boating industry, recognizing those manufacturers and suppliers who introduce innovative products and ideas to the market.
This years’ winners were selected among 85 entrees by a panel of judges from Boating Writers International (BWI), a professional organization for writers, editors, publishers, photographers, broadcasters, public relations specialists whose work is related to the boating industry.
The 2016 IBEX Innovation Award winners
• Boatbuilding Methods & Materials: BANOVA, 3A Composites Baltek Inc.
• Deck Equipment & Hardware: Dual Winners – Roswell Marine, Triton Board Rack; T-H Marine Supplies, Snapflex LED Stern Navigation Light
• Furnishings & Interior Parts: Kenyon International Inc., Texan Grill with IntelliKEN Touch Control
• Mechanical Systems: XYLEM, Rule Bilge Pumps
• Electrical Systems: Mercury Marine, Electronic Steering Hel
• Inboard Engines: Volvo Penta, Easy Drain
• Outboard Engines: Honda Marine, BF6
• Propulsion Parts, Propellers: Mercury Marine, VesselView Mobile
• Boat Care and Maintenance: Pettit Paint, SeaGold
• OEM Electronics: Dual Winners – Garmin USA, Fantom 6; Wet Sounds Inc., SYN-DX 6-DSP
• Environmental Award: Fireboy-Xintex Inc., CG / MA and GA 3M Novec 1230 Fixed Fire Extinguisher