Dream Yacht Group strengthens its shareholders’ structure

Dream Yacht Group

nautical tourismPPF Group, the leading private financial holding company in Central Europe, and the French group Bénéteau, one of the largest boat builder in the world, have completed their investment in the shareholding of Dream Yacht Group with a joint venture that will bring in €60 million in new capital, of which 60% by PPF and 40% by Bénéteau.

Together, the two new shareholders will hold 87% of the share capital: the remaining 13% will remain with Loïc Bonnet, founder and CEO of Dream Yacht Group, the NextStage fund, which will reinvest 2.6 million euros, and the company Fountaine-Pajot.

Consolidated financial position, strengthened strategy

With the entry of these new capitals, the financial position of the Dream Yacht group is consolidated. The capital increase meets the financial needs outlined in the business plan that supports the group’s long-term strategy, aimed at strengthening Dream Yacht’s leadership position in the sectors of nautical tourism, boat rental, with or without crew, and catamaran cruises, which are experiencing strong growth.

Dream Yacht Group offers its customers the opportunity to rent sailboats in the most beautiful places in the world. This offer, which allows you to enjoy days or weeks of cruising with or without a skipper, was a great success during the summer season, which marked a strong post-Covid recovery.

Bookings broke all previous records, and occupancy rates remained at the highest levels for the entire season, maintaining the same trends until now.

An international development

In response to the popularity of the model that allows customers to “discover the most beautiful places on the planet from the sea, with those you love”, Dream Yacht Group is opening up to the possibility of acquiring new boats: more than 265 sailing boats, 100% Made in France (including 70% catamarans and 30% single hull), they will join the Dream Yacht Group fleet within the next two years.

The process of digitizing the Dream Yacht Charter sites and the SamBoat booking platform, which is growing rapidly after joining the group in 2018, will help accelerate the international development of paid services and sales.

Loïc Bonnet, CEO and founder of Dream Yacht Group, explains:

With the entry into our capital of two global operators, who can count on a consolidated experience in the world of industry and finance, Dream Yacht Group is securing a solid foundation financial to foster its growth. Now the priority is to satisfy the needs of a rapidly growing clientele, who want to surf without limitations, and to intensify the development of our digitalization ”.

The alliance between PPF and Bénéteau brings together an investor who manages around 40 billion euros, and which leverages the digital transformation in its holdings in order to consolidate a fragmented market on a global scale such as that of yacht charter, and the will of a large industrial group to diversify its services.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here